At Flip, our mission is to create insurance people love by daring to be different.
We are a start-up making waves in the insurance industry and are backed by Australia’s largest not-for-profit health insurer, HCF. We’re disrupting how young Australians think about insurance and creating new ways to protect their health and wellness.
We’ve established a strong foundation and are now looking to take our product innovation to the next level and expand our portfolio and market. Help change the insurance landscape in Australia, and beyond.
Summary of the Role:
Flip is looking for an experienced Product leader who can work closely with the CEO, Flip leadership team and broader team to shape the next phase of Flip’s journey and continue to develop a product- first culture throughout the organisation. Flip is a young business with big ambitions and is well-funded by a large insurer. The Head of Product will be tasked with continuing to develop the product function within Flip and have a roll up sleeves mentality to get things done. The team is still small enough that it can be shaped and developed to the Head of Product’s vision.
You’ll have exposure to a wide range of disciplines (growth hacking, customer success, product management, insurance innovation etc). End-to-end accountability of the product function from vision and strategy to execution from day 1.
- Own product vision and strategy for the business, develop a clear roadmap and own execution of that roadmap
- Engage with various stakeholders and manage product portfolio risks/dependencies
- Launch customer-centric experiences and delightful features in order to drive significant adoption and find product / market fit
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to track validation of product/market fit and iterate
- strategy based on market learnings
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B
- Plan and manage product spend against wider business budget constraints e.g. when making
- build versus buy decisions
Lead and inspire:
- Grow and lead a talented team, providing goals, structure, mentoring and inspiration to
- all team members, especially less experienced product members
- Build on a high performing culture emphasising innovation, growth, and development
- Inspire team members, stakeholders and partners to deliver exceptional outcomes
- Represent product internally and externally to commercial partners and investors
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years product management experience; developing, launching and shipping products from
- the ground up
- Deep understanding of digital products, mobile and web technology as well as insight into
- emerging technology (e.g. AI, ML, iOT) and their application opportunities for fintech
- Passion for delighting customers with a great UX
- 3+ years experience in hiring, building and leading team agile teams of 10 or more individuals
- Industry expertise in InsurTech and/or consumer FinTech is preferred
- Proven track record of managing teams and launching high quality products (referenced with
- clear KPIs)
- Exceptional storytelling and communication skills
- Roll up sleeves entrepreneurial drive, curiosity, and a high degree of ownership